Boone, North Carolina is a beautiful area known for its scenic landscapes, outdoor activities, and Appalachian State University. Many visitors to Boone take the time to visit the plethora of local hiking trails.
Here's a list of 10 of the most popular hiking trails near and around Boone:
- Grandfather Mountain: Offers a variety of trails with stunning views, including the challenging Profile Trail and the more accessible Grandfather Trail. Grandfather Mountain Trail Guide.
- Linville Falls: Features several trails leading to different viewpoints of the picturesque Linville Falls and Linville Gorge. Linville Falls Trail Guide with Map.
- Price Lake Loop: A relatively easy loop around Price Lake on the Blue Ridge Parkway, offering serene lake views. This is a great option if you're staying near Blowing Rock. Price Lake Loop Info and Photos.
- Elk Knob State Park: Offers a challenging hike to the summit of Elk Knob, providing panoramic views of the High Country. After your hike make sure to visit historic Todd, NC, and enjoy the sights and sounds of the New River. Elk Knob Park Information
- Julian Price Memorial Park: Features various trails around Price Lake and through lush forests, with options for different levels of hikers. With over 4,200 acres nestled at the foot of Grandfather Mountain, this park offers a multitude of activities. Learn more about what to do at Julian Price Memorial Park in their Visitor Guide.
- The Cascades Trail: A popular trail between Boone and West Jefferson along the Blue Ridge Parkway. The trail leads to a beautiful waterfall and offers a refreshing experience. Learn more in the Cascades Trail Guide
- Moses H. Cone Memorial Park: Known for its Flat Top Manor and the extensive network of carriage trails and wind through the park's scenic meadows. This park is conveniently located along the Blue Ridge Parkway with easy access during the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Explore the carriage trails, barns, and horseback riding in their Visitor Guide.
- Beacon Heights Trail: A short, family-friendly hike leading to an overlook with great views of the surrounding mountains. This trail is very popular with fans of birding, running, or groups with kids. Learn more about the short out and back trail in the Trail Guide.
- Mount Jefferson State Natural Area: Offers various trails showcasing unique rock formations and spectacular vistas from the top of Mount Jefferson. Learn more about Mount Jefferson State Natural Area in the Park Guide.
- Rough Ridge Trail: A short but rewarding hike that leads to a boardwalk and overlook with sweeping views of the surrounding mountains. Learn more about this 4.7-mile trail on AllTrails.com.
Please keep in mind that trail conditions, accessibility, and popularity can change over time. Make sure to check with local visitor centers or reliable online sources, like AllTrails.com, for the most up-to-date information.
Having a plethora of hiking trails within a short driving distance is one of the many perks of living in the North Carolina High Country. If you're ready to start your search for a mountain home or piece of land, check out all the newest listings for sale in Boone, North Carolina at JonGatewood.com